Xiangqun Chang has participated in two workshops, 'Getting Research into Practice (GRIP)' and 'Engaging with Business', provided by the Knowledge Transfer Team of The Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) in 2007. She also participated in related training programmes provided by LSE's Language Centre, Teaching and Learning Centre, CIBL and Hanban-UK. Since then she has been working on knowledge transfer. She established:
1. a unique academic society for the study of China and the Chinese from a comparative perspective. We are a non-profit, multi-disciplinary academic society, and anticipate linking and pooling the expertise of all experts on China seeking comparative approaches and facilitating collaborative studies on China in its Asian and global contexts, ultimately becoming a world-class locus for research on these issues.
2. the sole English and Chinese bilingual website in the English-speaking world focusing on social scientific and comparative studies of China. This bilingual website is being used as a public platform. The sections ‘Publications’, ‘Academic Events’ and ‘Research Projects’ each consist of two parts: work from CCPN Global and work done elsewhere. The external links can also be found in the ‘Resources’ section under Global Century Press. The website is updated from time to time.
3. the only peer-reviewed journal with an English and Chinese bilingual element for social scientific, humanities and comparative studies on china in the world. The Journal on China in Comparative Perspective (JCCP), CCPN Global’s flagship, is published quarterly from 2015 in print (ISSN 2040-0837).
4. the first publisher focusing on bilingual publications, from Chinese and non-Chinese perspectives, on China and the world in a global context. The Global Century Press (GCP), is a subsidiary trading company, producing a range of publications, from academic journals, edited volumes from selected conference papers or theme-based articles to research monographs, book series, teaching and learning material on Chinese for social sciences, and reference books. They are published in various forms, such as print, electronic versions, video, audio on the internet and on mobile.
5. a knowledge-based think tank aiming to bring resources from China and the Chinese and comparative studies for participating in shaping a global society. China4Global is promoted through two blogs, www.blogs.ccpn-global.org and www.blogs.china4global.com, containing material on social science from a Chinese perspective, knowledge transfer, consultancy and public engagement and so on, with a view to transferring knowledge from a Chinese perspective to participate in shaping a global society.
CCPN Global and Global Global China Unit also formed partnerships with China-based C-joint Research & Consultancy, UVIC (UK Visa and International Education Centre, a leading educational and immigration consultant firm), and a UK-based Sino-UK Educational Services company. Their business covers the following fields: business consulting, management consulting, cultural exchanges, organizing professional study tours, conducting senior level training, arranging international conferences, hosting Chinese tour groups to the UK and Europe, providing services for students’ university and visa applications to the UK, managing winter and summer camps, advising on student relocation, consulting on inward investment and liaising in bilateral trade. These activities support the Campaign for Social Science, which was launched by the Academy of Social Sciences. CCPN Global is one of its sponsors.
CCPN Global also supports the campaign for languages, Speak to the Future, initiated by the British Academy as part of its language and quantitative skills programme.
It is expected that some of CCPN Global's edited volumes and book series will continue to be published in both English and Chinese.
CCPN Global’s knowledge transfer outline:
Areas in which knowledge transfer occurs:
The above title is adapted from the China's development style in order for you to share our resources in a timely fashion. There is still a huge amount of work to be done. Your understanding, participation and generous support are highly appreciated!
为了与您及时分享我们的资源， 我们采纳中国发展的'边建设边使用'的做法，尚有大量的工作待做， 真诚地感谢您的理解、参与和慷慨赞助！
Click the button below to：
Download Gif aid form ( UK )
Registered Charity No.: 1154640
WeChat QR code